Radio Tour: The Legacy of TS Martin

Dec 16, 2015

The center of high culture in Sioux City was TS Martins Co, a downtown department store that opened in 1919 and closed in 1970. Buyers brought back the latest fashions from New York, Boston, Chicago, and beyond. The centerpieces of the new collections would be displayed in the great banks of windows lining the streets, stirring fantasies in the minds of passers-by and lookie-loos. These displays are the inspiration for the exhibition "The Legacy of TS Martin," now up at the Sioux City Art Center